With Valentine’s Day approaching, we turned to our favorite herbalist Stephanie Tourles (creator of our Essential Facial Oils), for some festive recipes with aphrodisiac appeal.
This Lime-Mint Fizz is from her latest book Making Love Potions available here. The book blends the perfect balance of potions, poetic insight, and fabulous illustrations that make it a joy to look at and read. It includes all things for lovers from libations to lip balms, from massage oils to mouthwatering body butters, and perfumes that evoke passion.
This sparkling, hot pink drink is sort of a cross between a limeade and a mojito. Romantic, refreshing, and not overly sweet. It even leaves your mouth feeling minty so you can pucker up confidently. Substitute champagne for the seltzer for an elegant cocktail to celebrate with your lover.
- Cranberry juice
- 10 fresh peppermint leaves, or 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- Juice of 2 limes (about ⅓ cup)
- Plain seltzer or sparkling water
- Lime slices, fresh cranberries, or mint sprigs, for garnish
- Fill two ice cube trays with cranberry juice and freeze.
- To prepare the drinks, you'll need two tall glasses. Finely chop the mint leaves, and divide them between the glasses (or put 1 drop of essential oils in each glass).
- Generously fill the glasses with cranberry ice cubes, then ever-so-slowly drizzle half of the lime juice over the ice in each glass.
- Top off the glasses with seltzer, and garnish with slices of lime, whole cranberries, or mint sprigs, if desired.
Excerpted from Making Love Potions, copyright Stephanie Tourles, used with permission from Storey Publishing